Here is my favourite recipe for Ceviche:
- Squeeze lime or lemon juice or a combination of both into a container.
- Cut fish into small pieces and put in container, juice should cover the fish.
- Leave in fridge for about two hours for the juice acid to cook the fish.
- Chop the following items into small cubes: tomato (or use cherry tomatoes), red onion, pineapple, papaya or mango.
- Mince finely garlic, jalapeño and cilantro.
- Add salt to taste.
- You can vary the items in the salsa but these are my preference, you don’t need to add fruit but it adds a refreshing sweet taste.
Once fish is cooked through in the lime/lemon juice mixture drain juice and add the fish to the salsa. You may add some more newly squeeze lime juice to the mix.
Final product should look something like this:
Enjoy with tortilla chips, tostadas or crackers and your favourite hot sauce 🙂